- Born: 1775, Edgartown Dukes Co Martha's Vineyard Island
- Marriage: Owen Hilman on 20 Aug 1795 in Dukes County, Martha's Vineyard Mass.
- Died: 1 Feb 1840, Edgartown Dukes Co Martha's Vineyard Island at age 65
Note for: Polly Norton, 1775 - 1 Feb 1840 Index
The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume158
page 22Mrs. Mildred Smith Mernitz.157067
Born in Manchester, Iowa.
Wife of George William Mernitz.
Descendant of Capt. John Cowles and of Corp. John Cowles, Jr., as follows:
1. Henry Cowles Smith (b. 1856) m. Harriet Tilton (b. 1860).
2. William B. Smith m. Orril Cowles.
3. Ethan Smith Cowles (1790-1867) m. 1816 Sarah Roberts (1798-1861).
4. John Cowles, Jr., m. 1778 Elizabeth Smith (1761-1827).
5. John Cowles m. 1756 Hannah Bardwell (1737-1813).
[p.22] John Cowles (1737-1811) commanded a company in Col. BenjaminRuggles Woodbridge's Mass achusetts regiment at the Lexington Alarm. Hewas born in Amherst; died in Belchertown, Mass .
Also No. 128392.
John Cowles, Jr. (1757-1830), served as corporal in the Massachusettstroops. He was born an d died in Belchertown, Mass.
View full context
The American Descendants of Rev. John Smith who married 13 June 1643 Susanna Hinckley.
Polly married Owen Hilman on 20 Aug 1795 in Dukes County, Martha's Vineyard Mass. (Owen Hilman was born on 4 Jan 1765 in Chilmark Dukes Co Massachusetts and died on 13 Apr 1835 in Chilmark Dukes Co Massachusetts.)