Sarah Julia Dearborn
- Born: 24 Jul 1778, Kensington Rockingham New Hampshire
- Marriage: Josiah B. Tilton Jr.
- Died: 16 Apr 1864, Dearfield Rockingham New Hampshire at age 85
- Buried: Tilton Cemetery, Dearfield Rockingham NH, Find A Grave #104139938
Note for: Sarah Julia Dearborn, 24 Jul 1778 - 16 Apr 1864 Index
Place: Tilton Cem Deerfield
Death Records for Sanbornton, New Hampshire 1887-1892 M-Y Online at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nhcsanbo/deathsm2y.htm Nov 2010.
N. F. Carter, THE NATIVE MINISTRY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, Runford Publishing, Concord NH, 1906. page 185.
.INFORMATION: Descendants of William Tilton Of Lynn Mas. Through The Lineof
His Son Daniel Tilton, Barbara B. Marden, Reprinted from The EssexGenealogist p 94
BIOGRAPHY: Daughters of the American Revolution Linege Book, Vol VCIX,1920 pg 188 ( Mrs Eli zabeth Towen Wintworth.
DEATH:Application CD found in Automated Family tree with automatedarchives, cd#113 1st edi tion, misc. applications
HISTORY: Jones, William H, William Tilton: His English Origins and SomeAmerican Descendant s, Haritage Books Inc, Maryland, (1997) pg 130, 159
Lineage ot the members of the Sons & Daughters of The Pilgrims,genealogylibrqary.com.
Mrs. Elizabeth Towne Wentworth.
DAR ID Number: 98602
Born in Peabody, Mass.
Wife of Elmer Marston Wentworth.
Descendant of Timothy Huntting, Joseph Knight, and Ensign Josiah Tilton,as follows:
[p.188] 1. Edward Porter Towne (1832-64) m. 1857 Sarah Elizabeth Tilton(1836-87).
2. George Perley Tilton (1800-83) m. 1828 Eliza H. Dakin (1798-1848);Amos Porter Towne (1804 -68) m. 1830 Mehitable P. Knight (1805-66).
3. Josiah Tilton, Jr. (1778-1860), m. 1799 Sarah Dearborn (1778-1864);Joseph Dakin (b. 1751 ) m. 1797 Betsey Huntting (1775-1848); PhillipKnight (1779-1829) m. 1803 Rebecca Curtis (178 2-1818).
4. Timothy Huntting m. 1774 Lucy Savage; Josiah Tilton m. 1768 Sarah True(1748-94); Joseph K night m. 1769 Mehitable Putman (1747-94).
Timothy Huntting (1753-93) served as private, 1775, in Capt. AaronSmith's company, Col. Will iam Heath's regiment, Massachusetts Line. Hewas born and died in Needham, Mass.
Joseph Knight served as private, 1776, in Col. Henry Herrick's regiment,Massachusetts troops . He was born, 1744, in Middleton, Mass., and diedthere.
Josiah Tilton (1743-1820) served as ensign in Capt. Stephen Clark'scompany, New Hampshire tr oops. He was born in Kingston, N. H.; died inCornville, Me.
View full context
The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume 99
The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume126
[p.10] Miss Lois Tilton Wentworth.
DAR ID Number: 125028
Born in State Center, Iowa.
Descendant of Lieut. Col. Benjamin Titcomb, Ensign Josiah Tilton, TimothyHuntting and Josep h Knight, as follows:
1. Elmer Marston Wentworth (b. 1861) m. 1884 Elizabeth Towne (b. 1862).
2. John Norris Wentworth (1836-99) m. 2d. 1860 Nancy Titcomb (1839-90);Edward Porter Towne ( 1832-64) m. 1857 Sarah Elizabeth Tilton (1836-87).
3. Titcomb Wentworth (1812-82) m. 1835 Hannah Ames (1810-87); GeorgePerley Tilton (1800-83 ) m. 1828 Eliza Dakin (1799-1848); Amos PorterTowne (1804-68) m. 1830 Mehitable Putnam Knigh t (1805-66).
4. Ephraim Wentworth (1780-1867) m. 1808 Nancy Titcomb (1780-1863);Josiah Tilton (1778-1860 ) m. 1799 Sarah Dearborn (1778-1864); JosephDakin (b. 1751) m. 2d 1797 Betsy Huntting (1775- 1848); Philip Knight(1779-1829) m. 1803 Rebecca Curtis (1782-1818).
5. Benjamin Titcomb m. 1773 Hannah Hanson; Josiah Tilton m. 1768 SarahTrue (1748-94); Timoth y Huntting m. 1774 Lucy Savage; Joseph Knight m.1769 Mehitable Putnam (b. 1747).
Benjamin Titcomb (1743-99) was captain of the 6th company under Col.Enoch Poor, 1775. He wa s major of the 2d battalion, commanded by Col.Nathan Hale, 1777, and rose to the rank of lie utenant colonel, NewHampshire Line. He was born and died in Dover, N. H.
Also No. 98603.
Josiah Tilton (1743-1820) served as ensign in Capt. Stephen Clark'scompany, New Hampshire tr oops. He was born in Kingston, N. H.; died inCornville, Maine.
Timothy Huntting (1752-93) served as private, 1775, in Capt. AaronSmith's company, Col. Will iam Heath's regiment, Massachusetts Line. Hewas born in Needham, Mass.
Joseph Knight served as private, 1776, in Col. Henry Herrick's regiment,Massachusetts troops . He was born, 1744, in Middleton, Mass., where hedied.
Also No. 98602.
Lineages Of Members of the National Society of the Sons and Daughters ofthe Pilgrims, To J anuary i, 1929, Compiled from the OrigionalApplications, Genealogical Publishing Co. INC . Baltimore, 1988 page637-637.
Listed.. Eilliot C Cogswell, History of Nottingham, Deerfield & Northwood. New Hampshire Publishing Copmpany, Somersworth, 1972 pg 476-80
Noted events in her life were:
• Marriage, 1800, Dearfield, N.H.
Sarah married Josiah B. Tilton Jr., son of Josiah Tilton and Sarah True Wife # 1. (Josiah B. Tilton Jr. was born on 28 Feb 1778 in Dearfield Rockingham New Hampshire, died on 20 Aug 1860 in Dearfield Rockingham New Hampshire and was buried Tilton Cemetery in Dearfield Rockingham NH, Find A Grave #104139471.)