Charles C Davis
- Born: 9 Jan 1766, Amesbury, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
- Christened: 5 Apr 1767, Boothbay, Lincoln, Maine, United States
- Marriage (1): Betsy Brown on 30 Sep 1786 in Edgecomb, Lincoln, Maine, United States
- Marriage (2): Nancy Wilson
- Died: 20 Oct 1848, South Olive, Morgan, Ohio, United States at age 82
- Buried: South Olive, Noble, Ohio, United States
1. 1850 Morgan Census.
2. Hist of Noble Co., Ohio, Watkins, p. 317
3. Rev. John Murray's Church baptismal records, bp. age 1 with father.
4. Paper written by grandson.
5. Will probate 12 Aug 1865, Vol 1, p. 502
6. 1810 Montville census he had: 2 sons under 10 (Enoch, Levi), 2 10-16 (Joseph, ?) 1 16-26
(Charles Jr.) and himself; 2 daus under 10 (Sarah & Rhoda), 1 16-26 (Betsy ?) and wife.
7. 1800 Davistown census, 3 sons under 10 (Levi, Charles, Joseph) 1 male & 1 female 16-26, wife
Betsy (36) self (34)
8. 1790 Great Pond Plantation, Me. 2 sons under 16 (Charles, Joseph) 1 dau (Betsy)
10 photo of Noble Co. Tombstone, South Olive Cemetery
He was a sea-captain.
In 1790, he was in Great Pond Plantation, Me. William was there too, with wife, one son under 16, & another adult male (probably his brother, not the Rev.).
Came to Ohio in 1812
Charles bought land 27 Oct 1820 in Morgan Co.
A William bought land 7 Nov & 16 Dec 1834 in Morgan Co.
A Grace Collins received a romantic tale from her grandfather (unnamed) and her uncle Levi. It claims that Charles was b. in Wayne Co., Mass, and that their children were: Thomas, Joseph, Charles, Enoch, Rodha, Sallie, Levi and Samuel. This document is undated. The grandfather is possibly Charles Davis (1833-1911), son of Enoch. No uncle Levi located in the document.
TRY WAYNE, KENNEBEC, MAINE
Charles married Betsy Brown on 30 Sep 1786 in Edgecomb, Lincoln, Maine, United States. (Betsy Brown was born in 1764 of Montville, Lincoln, Maine, United States and died on 8 May 1830 in South Olive, Morgan, Ohio, United States.)
Charles next married Nancy Wilson.