- Born: 1764, Of Montville, Lincoln, Maine, United States
- Marriage (1): Charles C Davis on 30 Sep 1786 in Edgecomb, Lincoln, Maine, United States
- Died: 8 May 1830, South Olive, Morgan, Ohio, United States at age 66
1. History of Boothbay, Me, says there were two Brown brothers, possibly sons of Edmund Brown of
Dunbar, near Pisgah. They were Samuel (m. Margaret, had children 1766-1785) and Jonathan
(m. Sarah, had a known children John Jr, and Martha, b. 1768)
2. 1850 Morgan census
3. A New Vineyard by Dorothy Poole, 1976, p 20, Joseph Brown & Nathaniel Davis arrived in Hallowell,
Maine abt 1780 where there were only three families until seven others arrived three years later.
Joseph received a silver Dollar for a days work for himself and his horse.
4. Photo of Noble Co. Tombstone, S. Olive Cemetery
Boothbay was incorporated as a town from a tract called Townsend.
Great Pone Settlement was incorporated into the town of Palermo 23 Jun 1804
Palermo set off land to Montville 26 Feb 1813
Davistown plantation was incorporated into the town of Montville 18 Feb 1807
She raised the orphaned children of her daughter, Betsey Davis Bartlett.
Betsy married Charles C Davis, son of William Davis and Rhoda Goodwin, on 30 Sep 1786 in Edgecomb, Lincoln, Maine, United States. (Charles C Davis was born on 9 Jan 1766 in Amesbury, Essex, Massachusetts, United States, christened on 5 Apr 1767 in Boothbay, Lincoln, Maine, United States, died on 20 Oct 1848 in South Olive, Morgan, Ohio, United States and was buried in South Olive, Noble, Ohio, United States.)